The Leamington Arts Centre (LAC) is located in the heart of South Western Ontario's beautiful uptown Leamington in one of the town's many wonderful heritage buildings. The LAC is a state of the art gallery which offers three exhibition spaces with over 300 linear feet of continuous wall space and 2000sq/ft of floor space, as well as the Erie Quest Heritage Ship Wreck museum, a gift shop, art classes, workshops and meeting spaces. The LAC is one of the area's paramount places to view modern art with an emphasis on local and aspiring artists and artisans.
The LAC is governed by South Essex Arts Association, a not for profit charitable organization dedicated to creating and sustaining a celebration of the human spirit through the nurturing of the arts within our community.
Permanent collections include:
- Erie Quest Marine Heritage Museum - Artifacts recovered from over 60 different ship wrecks in the Pelee Passage and Lake Erie Western Basin.
- The Henry Collection - The collection includes oil paintings from across Canada and the United States, porcelain figurines from China, jade and silver sculptures and reliefs.
Hours of Operation and Admission:
- Tuesday to Friday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Saturday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Sunday and Monday - Closed
Admission is by donation